Are you ready to #kickbutt this month? There are many opportunities for you to get involved in September and beyond; learn more below! Don’t see anything that sparks your interest? Let us know your ideas today!
- Save the date for the upcoming 5th Annual Bottoms Up Bash, which will be held in Louisville on Friday, March 4th, 2016 on National Dress in Blue Day. Stay tuned for more information to follow in the coming months; you won’t want to miss this fun event that supports the Project’s work!
Join us on Sept. 24th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. for our “Celebrating Our Semi-Colon” event at Molly Malone’s on Shelbyville Road in Louisville. This will be a night to celebrate Caleb “Semi-Colon” Payne’s return from the Appalachian Trail. More info & RSVP.
Do you or someone you know live in Eastern Kentucky and would like to get involved in the work we are doing in that region? Please join Community Outreach and Survivor Support Manager Lindy Reinhardt on Sept. 24th at 6 p.m. for the Kicking Butt in Eastern Kentucky Kick-off Dinner and Meeting. E-mail Lindy for more information.
Are you ready to run and have fun, all while supporting the Project and colon cancer awareness in Eastern Kentucky? Sign-up today to participate in the Daffodils 5k Color Fun Walk/Run in Prestonsburg, KY on Sept. 26th at 9 a.m. More information is available here.
Mark your calendar now so you can join us at the second annual “Kicking Butt Over Breakfast” on Oct. 29th from 8-9 a.m. at the Clifton Center in Louisville. This free breakfast is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Colon Cancer Prevention Project and how you can support its work. RSVP by e-mailing Andrea. Invite your friends and family, and fill a table!
- The Bottoms Up Bash 2016 Planning Committee is currently forming and will be meeting on Tuesday, August 18th at 6:00 p.m. E-mail Lindy for more information. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be part of planning this fun event!
- Lexington-area supporters: We would love to meet you and anyone you know who is interested in helping us as we focus on #kickingbutt in the Lexington area! We are actively expanding there, and are looking for people interested in helping support our efforts. Ideas and suggestions are welcome, too! E-mail Lindy at email@example.com or call (502) 290-0288 to learn more.
- The Education & Awareness Committee is currently forming to develop and implement ideas aimed at raising awareness about colon cancer throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. If you are interested in learning more or to join the committee, please e-mail Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Medical Advisory Planning Committee is currently meeting to create a strategy to educate medical professionals about the screening options and the important related information. If you are interested in learning more or to join the committee, please e-mail Patty at email@example.com.
- The Survivor Support group – called the “Survivors’ Network” is currently forming to help plan and expand survivor support, including activities and other programs. If you are interested in learning more or to join the committee, please e-mail Lindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While we just wrapped up the record-breaking 10th Annual Kicking Butt 5k, we are already thinking ahead to the 2016 event! The event planning committee is currently forming, so please e-mail Patty at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more or joining the committee!
The following health fairs are coming and we would love your help:
* Bank of America Health Fair @ 1231 Durrett Ln. – Thursday, September 17th from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* Garlove Lecture @ the Olmstead, 3701 Frankfort Ave. – Wednesday, November 4th from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Are you interested in being trained for future health fairs? We provide training on what to do & say – it’s easy, fun, and helps spread the word on screening! You do NOT have to be involved in the health field, nor know all the answers. E-mail Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org. to learn more!
- We need help distributing “Are You at Risk” brochures. This would involve spending a morning or afternoon (any time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.) putting the brochures into mailers for us. Are you able to help?
- Have some time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on a weekday? E-mail Lindy at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with administrative work in the office. We would love help with many tasks, including technical assistance, organization, etc. (**regularly scheduled volunteers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings would be ideal!)
- CARDMAKING FOR A CAUSE: We are looking for volunteers to help us make personalized greeting cards (birthday, thank you, thinking of you, congratulations, etc.) for us to send to our supporters throughout the year. You can make these cards at home or in our office. E-mail Lindy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Colon Cancer Prevention Project just wrapped up its eighth quarter offering The Fighters’ Fund, a program that provides one-time grants to qualifying patients fighting colon cancer. Please help us spread the word about amazing program! Click on the link here for more info. Lindy can provide printed applications as well – just let her know!
We are looking for volunteers that have photography skills and would be willing to be on a list we would maintain for when we have photography needs arise. Our new website will need some professional photos throughout the year to keep it fresh, and we would also love to have some “go-to” people to help take pictures at events, times we are in the community, etc. Are you interested or do you know someone who enjoys taking pictures? E-mail Lindy at email@example.com for more information.