Below are many ways you can get involved with us in January and beyond! We are truly thankful for volunteers like YOU, and we look forward to working along side you in the new year!.
We’re looking for people to help by being part of the following committees.
- Bottoms Up Bash 2016 (meets third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.)
- Lexington Advisory
- Education and Awareness (meets last Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.)
- 2016 Kicking Butt 5k (meets 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. [not meeting in December])
- Medical Advisory (meets 1st Tuesday of the month at 4:00p.m.)
- Survivor Support
Are you interested in being trained for future health fairs? We provide training on what to do & say – it’s easy, fun, and helps spread the word on screening! You do NOT have to be involved in the health field, nor know all the answers. E-mail Patty to learn more!
- helping with some work related to preparing the Bottoms Up Bash? E-mail Lindy if you are interested in learning more!
- distributing “Are You at Risk” brochures
- various administrative tasks including technical assistance, organization of materials, etc.(regularly scheduled volunteers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings would be ideal!)
- CARDMAKING FOR A CAUSE: making personalized greeting cards (birthday, thank you, thinking of you, congratulations, etc.) for us to send to our supporters throughout the year. You can make these cards at home or in our office. E-mail Lindy for more information.
Delivery person: we are looking for someone to deliver materials to health centers in the Louisville area a few times a year. E-mail Patty to learn more!
We are looking for volunteers that have photography skills and would be willing to be on a list we would maintain for when we have photography needs arise. Our new website will need some professional photos throughout the year to keep it fresh, and we would also love to have some “go-to” people to help take pictures at events, times we are in the community, etc. Are you interested or do you know someone who enjoys taking pictures? E-mail Lindy for more information.