March 1st marks the beginning of Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Did you know that Kentucky as of 2013 ranks No. 1 for colon cancer incidence and No. 4 for colon cancer mortality in the U.S.? We’re working hard to change that statistic. Our mission is to eliminate preventable colon cancer death and suffering by making sure that people get timely screenings. To do this, raising awareness is essential – that’s where you come in. While we strive to kick butt 365 days a year, we need your help!
“What can I do?” you ask?
- Friday, March 4th, is National Dress in Blue Day! Wear blue to show your support and, if people ask you about your blue hue, tell them about the importance of timely colon cancer screenings!
Turn Your Casual Friday Blue!
- Everyone brings in $5 to wear jeans. The classroom or team who raises the most wins!
While you’re at it, enter the Dress in Blue Day Photo Contest!
- Dress yourself, your kids, your pets, or your houseplants in blue to show your support! Winner receives $250!
Attend the BOTTOM’S UP BASH!
- Friday, March 4, 2016 * 7:30 pm – midnight * Mellwood Arts Center * Louisville * band, drinks, food, silent auction.
- Are you looking for another opportunity to help us kick butt? Getting involved is easy. Sign up here and one of our staff members will contact you within the next few days.
As you can see, there’s plenty of ways to get involved and spread the word about colon cancer prevention. This March, let’s kick colon cancer’s butt!
You must be logged in to post a comment.