The Kentucky State Senate will soon be voting on SB146, to establish the licensure of genetic counselors in Kentucky.
SB 146 would do the following:
- PROTECT the public by ensuring that those presenting themselves as a “genetic counselor” have the training and certification to do so.
- ALLOW for genetic counselors in Kentucky to become credentialed independently with insurance companies and to bill for services using the existing genetic counseling CPT code (96040).
- EXPAND access to genetic counseling services and increase the number of genetic counselors in Kentucky
For more information about this bill and a list of organizations supporting it, click here.
We need your help. Kentuckians need your help. Please take a moment to contact your Kentucky Senate Leadership and tell them how important it is to pass SB 146. Your efforts will make a difference.
- Follow the links below for your Senate Leaders.
- Click on the names of the individual leaders
- Scroll down and click the link under Email Address(es)
- Fill out the contact form and, in the message section, write your petition to pass SB 146.
From the bottoms of our hearts, we thank you for your time and efforts to fight for the health and well-being of Kentuckians statewide. Your efforts will save lives. We greatly appreciate you.
Contact your Senate Leadership
All of us at the Colon Cancer Prevention Project
You must be logged in to post a comment.