Below are many ways you can get involved with us. We are thankful for all the volunteers and supporters who help us complete the work we do every single day, and we hope you will join us!
Nov. 17, 6 p.m.
The Bottoms Up Bash planning committee will be meeting to continue making plans for the 5th Annual Bash coming up on March 4th, 2016. Interested in learning more about getting involved? E-mail email@example.com
Dec. 8, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
“‘Tis the Season for Kicking Butt”
Year-End Celebration and Recognition of Volunteers and our Board of Directors; North End Cafe, 2116 Bardstown Road, Louisville, Ky.
You’re invited to this special celebration! Come honor the outgoing members of our Board of Directors and celebrate with some of our other amazing volunteers! Please RSVP to LReinhardt@kickingbutt.org by Dec. 1
so we can plan accordingly!
Mar. 4, 2016
More details to come soon, but don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE for the upcoming 5th Annual Bottoms Up Bash, coming on Friday, March 4th, 2016! You will not want to miss this awesome event!
We’re looking for people to help by being part of the following committees.
- Bottoms Up Bash 2016 (meets third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.)
- Lexington Advisory
- Education and Awareness (meets last Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.)
- 2016 Kicking Butt 5k (meets 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. [not meeting in December])
- Medical Advisory (meets 1st Tuesday of the month at 4:00p.m.)
- Survivor Support
The following health fairs are coming and we would love your help:
* Garlove Lecture @ the Olmstead, 3701 Frankfort Ave. – Wednesday, November 4th from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
* Restaurant Supply Chain Solution Health Fair – Thursday, November 5thfrom 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
* Baptist Health Louisville – Endoscopy Seminar @ 4000 Kresge Way – Saturday, November 14th from 6:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Are you interested in being trained for future health fairs? We provide training on what to do & say – it’s easy, fun, and helps spread the word on screening! You do NOT have to be involved in the health field, nor know all the answers. E-mail Patty
to learn more!
We are looking for people to help with various tasks both in and out of the office, including:
- helping with some work related to preparing the Bottoms Up Bash? E-mail Lindy if you are interested in learning more!
- distributing “Are You at Risk” brochures
- various administrative tasks including technical assistance, organization of materials, etc.(regularly scheduled volunteers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings would be ideal!)
- CARDMAKING FOR A CAUSE: making personalized greeting cards (birthday, thank you, thinking of you, congratulations, etc.) for us to send to our supporters throughout the year. You can make these cards at home or in our office. E-mail Lindy for more information.
Delivery person: we are looking for someone to deliver materials to health centers in the Louisville area a few times a year. E-mail Patty
to learn more!
The Colon Cancer Prevention is now in its tenth quarter, after recently wrapping up its ninth quarter offering the Fighters’ Fund
, a program that provides one-time grants to qualifying patients fighting colon cancer. Please help us spread the word about amazing program! Click on the link here for more info.
Lindy can provide printed applications as well – just let her know!
We are looking for volunteers that have photography skills and would be willing to be on a list we would maintain for when we have photography needs arise. Our new website will need some professional photos throughout the year to keep it fresh, and we would also love to have some “go-to” people to help take pictures at events, times we are in the community, etc. Are you interested or do you know someone who enjoys taking pictures? E-mail Lindy for more information.