Dress in Blue Day is March 7, 2014!
March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, and it kicks off on March 7 with the national "Dress in Blue Day."
We encourage everyone to dress in blue to promote colon cancer screening. Join us in spreading the word and saving lives! Dress in blue on March 1, and recruit your friends, family, coworkers, church, club and others to do the same!
Does your community or organization have something fun planned or interested in planning a Dress in Blue or other awareness event in March?
If so, let us know! We want to recognize all of our blue star champions and share ideas so others can get involved.
- Awareness & Educational Materials
- Sample email message from the Kentucky Cancer Program - to share with your partners, contacts, friends and family. Retrieve Sample Email
- Sample letter from the Kentucky Cancer Program - encouraging local businesses and organizations to observe Dress in Blue Day. Retrieve Sample Letter
- Press release (template) - promoting Dress in Blue Day and/or other related special events in March
- Newsletter articles (full and half page) - may be adapted for your publication
- Public service announcements for radio - text for two 30 second spots: one for Dress in Blue Day and one general colon cancer screening message
- Print Ad - horizontal (PDF, can add local information) - a 5 x 3 PSA for newspapers and other print media on colon cancer screening
- Print Ad - vertical (PDF, can add local information) - a 3 x 5 PSA for newspapers and other print media on colon cancer screening
- Proclamation - template for public officials